Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bedrest is FINALLY over!!!

We survived 19 weeks of bedrest!

I say "we" because it was definitely a combined effort. There is my pregnant belly and my computer--my link to the outside world.
I was officially off bedrest last Tuesday. I've been able to get out and run some errands. I even drove. I'm finally over the dizziness and lightheadedness. I'm grateful that I have some time to gain some strength. Me feet ache like nothing else and my muscles are very weak, but I'm glad I'm able to get some things done before the baby comes. Sometimes I get frustrated because I feel like my body has forgotten that I'm pregnant now that I'm not on bedrest. Each day I'm sure I will go into labor, but still nothing. Our fear is that my water will break anytime and we'll have about 10 min before the baby comes. On Wed. the 21st I'm going to have an amniocentesis to determine if the baby's lungs are developed. If they are, they will go ahead and break my water and let me have him. We're all anxious to get him here, but at the same time thankful that we've made it this far and he is where he needs to be right now.
We are so thankful for all the service and prayers we have received to help our family on bedrest. Aimee came out a couple of weeks ago for a week. It was great having her here to help and I'm very grateful for her husband in letting her come out while he took care of everything back at her home. My parents are here now and were supposed to leave yesterday, but they are going to stay longer so they can be here when Jacob's born.
We're excited to welcome our new baby into this world!

4 comments:

  1. It is fun to see all the pics from the summer. I love having you and your family close by - I really do. You are an inspiration to me and I'm lucky to have you as a friend! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad all is going well and can't wait to see pics when your little boy comes. I bet it's nice to be able to do some things with the family before the busy times of a new baby set in. We sure miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 19 weeks. I'm amazed you have as many kids as you do! I'd probably wouldof stopped A LONG time ago. Good luck getting all you have to do done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so many posts, what a great day for me to be able to catch up on your life! I'm glad you guys are still doing well, and HOORAY for being off bedrest! Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete