Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Birthday!!

Makezni turned 2 years old!!!

Micah decided to bake her a cake. This was his first time baking a cake and he wanted to bake a two layer cake. He made a yellow cake with raspberry filling and chocolate buttercream frosting. He even decorated it. It turned our great and very yummy.

Makenzi got a box of crayons and a pad of paper. She is such an artist and just loves her sharp, unbroken crayons. Grandma mailed her some cute pop-up books that we can look at together while I'm on bedrest. The other day I heard her zooming down the stairs and was expecting a hurt cry after that. When I got to the stairs, she was sitting in the box that her gift came in and she just laughed and laughed. She loved the ride! She had somehow situated herself at the top of the stairs in the box and pushed herself for take off. I caught her shortly after that setting up to do it again--what a thrill seeker.

I turned 33 years old!!!
I had a great birthday. Micah also baked me a cake. It was a double fudge chocolate cake with raspberry cream cheese filling and dark chocolate buttercream icing. Yummy chocolate!

I enjoyed all my visitors.
My friend Ann Russon from Oregon came by. Here are some of her kids (Aimee, Ali, Joshua) with some of mine (Michelle, Jeffery, Myla)

My brother John and his family also from Oregon stopped by for a visit. Here's his two boys William and Adam with some of my kids.
Why I only have some of my kids in these pictures...well I take what I can get. I guess that's why we rarely take family pictures. I have one child that basks in the opportunity to ruin the whole thing and the little ones feel like they're being tortured to sit still, look this way, keep your hands down... My goal after I have this next child is to get a family picture in time to send out with Christmas cards--that will be a first.

No comments:

Post a Comment