Sunday, June 14, 2009

New to this, but here goes...

Since I have been on bedrest, I've enjoyed reading other peoples blogs and thought this would be a great thing to keep me busy. I thought this would be a fun way to keep my sanity while on bedrest. I will just keep a camera handy and then document my journey. Hopefully people will find it amusing to see the craziness that goes on when a almost 2 year old discovers her new found freedom...mommy doesn't stop me she just watches. Just recently Makenzi (almost 2) and Michelle (almost 4) got the container of Nutella and ate it by the handfuls, while mommy watched and yelled for reinforcements. When I was on bedrest with Makenzi, I bought Michelle a sandbox to put on the deck where I could see her. I was envisioning hours of play and entertainment. After a few days, she came inside, looked at me with a "why do you just sit there" expression and then she threw a handful of sand at me, smiled, brushed of her hands and walked away. One more bedrest memory. This was when I was on bedrest with Jeffery, Myla was just 2 yrs old. We had this big tub of crayons. She gave me "the look" and I begged with to please not dump out the crayons. She did it so slowly and calculated; when she was done she smiled and walked away. Two year olds are definitely boundary testers, and when mommy doesn't intervene it's a whole new world :).

One thing I've tried to enjoy while on bedrest is just watching and observing my children. The other day Makenzi went to the cup drawer, got a cup, went to the fridge and dispensed some ice (while closing her eyes beause little bits would fly out) and then filled her cup with water and drank it. I was so proud that she could help herself. Then one morning she managed to strip herself of her pj's and went to her room and came out with her favorite dress and pulled it on. Now if she could only change her own diaper, or better yet if she were potty trained.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome! Can you keep up my blog for me as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the stories. Your kids are so sweet. I have loved seeing them on Sundays at Grandma's. You deserve a major award for doing the bed rest thing during every pregnancy. Your kids are lucky to have such an unselfish mother.

    ReplyDelete